Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ambition angels beneath bids bliss cause creation dark dead death deep Deity delight divine dread dust earth eternal fair fall fate fear feel fire flame fool future give glorious glory gods grave guilt hand happiness hear heart Heav'n Heaven's hope hour human immortal kind leave less life's light live look Lorenzo man's mankind mean mind mortal Nature Nature's never night o'er once pain passions past peace pleasure poor praise present pride proud reason rich rise round scene seen sense shines sight skies smile song soon soul speak sphere spirit stars strange strike sure tell thee theme thine things thou thought thousand throne triumph true truth turn virtue whole wing wisdom wise wish wonder wretched
13. oldal - This is the bud of being, the dim dawn, The twilight of our day, the vestibule ; Life's theatre as yet is shut, and death, Strong death, alone can heave the massy bar, This gross impediment of clay remove, And make us embryos of existence free From real life ; but little more remote Is he, not yet a candidate for light, The future embryo, slumbering in his sire. Embryos we must be till we burst the shell, Yon ambient azure shell, and spring to life, The life of gods, 0 transport ! and of man.
51. oldal - Hope, of all passions, most befriends us here; Passions of prouder name befriend us less. Joy has her tears, and transport has her death : Hope, like a cordial, innocent, though strong, Man's heart, at once, inspirits and serenes, Nor makes him pay his wisdom for his joys...
9. oldal - TIRED Nature's sweet restorer, balmy sleep ! He, like the world, his ready visit pays Where fortune smiles ; the wretched he forsakes ; Swift on his downy pinion flies from woe, And lights on lids unsullied with a tear.
79. oldal - Can prayer, can praise avert it ?—Thou, my all! My theme, my inspiration, and my crown ! My strength in age ! my rise in low estate ! My soul's ambition, pleasure, wealth !—my world ! My light in darkness! and my life in death ! My boast through time! bliss through eternity ! Eternity, too short to speak thy praise! Or fathom thy profound of love to man ; To man of men the meanest, ev'n to me ! My sacrifice ! my God ! what things are these'!
54. oldal - Smitten friends Are angels sent on errands full of love ; For us they languish, and for us they die: And shall they languish, shall they die, in vain?
26. oldal - Thy purpose firm is equal to the deed. Who does the best his circumstance allows, Does well, acts nobly; angels could no more.
21. oldal - Of man's miraculous mistakes this bears The palm, That all men are about to live, For ever on the brink of being born ; All pay themselves the compliment to think They one day shall not drivel, and their pride On this reversion takes up ready praise (At least their own), their future selves applauds.
11. oldal - An heir of glory! a frail child of dust! Helpless immortal! insect infinite! A worm ! a god ! I tremble at myself, And in myself am lost ! at home a stranger, Thought wanders up and down, surprised, aghast, And wondering at her own: how reason reels!