The Student's Statutes: Being the Principal Provisions of Some of the More General Acts of Parliament : with Notes of Important Decisions Thereon : Especially Designed for the Use of Students of English Law, 424. kötet
H. Cox, 1884 - 706 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
acceptance action administration aforesaid agreement amount appeal application appointed assignment authorised bank bankruptcy bill capital cause charge claim commencement contained contract convey conveyance copy costs County Court court creditors debt debtor deed deemed determination direct documents duty effect England entitled evidence exceeding execution exercise expressed felony give given grant guilty High holder holding husband improvement indorsement intent interest issue judge judgment jurisdiction Justice land lease liable limited manner married matter means ment mentioned months mortgage notice otherwise paid party passing patent payable payment person petition possession presented proceedings provisions Punishment purchase reason receive reference registered registrar relating rent respect rules sect settled settlement shares solicitor sufficient taken tenant term therein thereof trade transfer trustee unless vested VICT Whosoever writing
31. oldal - A bill of exchange is an unconditional order in writing, addressed by one person to another, signed by the person giving it, requiring the person to whom it is addressed to pay on demand, or at a fixed or determinable future time, a sum certain in money to, or to the order of a specified person, or to bearer.
385. oldal - That no will shall be valid unless it shall be in writing and executed in manner hereinafter mentioned ; (that is to say), it shall be signed at the foot or end thereof by the testator, or by some other person in his presence and by his direction ; and such signature shall be made or acknowledged by the testator in the presence of two or more witnesses present at the same time, and such witnesses shall attest and shall subscribe the will in the presence of the testator, but no form of attestation...
9. oldal - But if any such instrument, after completion, is negotiated to a holder in due course, it is valid and effectual for all purposes in his hands, and he may enforce it as if it had been filled up...
7. oldal - Where an instrument expressed to be payable at a fixed period after date is issued undated, or where the acceptance of an instrument payable at a fixed period after sight is undated, any holder may insert therein the true date of issue or acceptance, and the instrument shall be payable accordingly.
400. oldal - A mandamus or an injunction may be granted or a Roceive™ receiver appointed by an interlocutory order of the court in all cases in which it shall appear to the court to be just or convenient that such order should be made...
210. oldal - Notice in respect of an injury under this Act shall give the name and address of the person injured, and shall state in ordinary language the cause of the injury and the date at which it was sustained...
12. oldal - That at the time it was negotiated to him he had no notice of any infirmity in the instrument or defect in the title of the person negotiating it.
7. oldal - On or at a fixed period after the occurrence of a specified event, which is certain to happen, though the time of happening be uncertain. An instrument payable upon a contingency is not negotiable, and the happening of the event does not cure the defect.
20. oldal - Where the instrument has been dishonored in the hands of an agent, he may either himself give notice to the parties liable thereon, or he may give notice to his principal. If he give notice to his principal, he must do so within the same time as if he were the holder, and the principal upon the receipt of such notice has himself the same time for giving notice as if the agent had been an independent holder.
20. oldal - Delay in making presentment for payment is excused when the delay is caused by circumstances beyond the control of the holder, and not imputable to his default, misconduct or negligence. When the cause of delay ceases to operate, presentment must be made with reasonable diligence.