A course of lectures on the figurative language of the holy Scripture. To which are added, Four lectures on ... the Epistle to the Hebrews. Also, A lecture on the natural evidences of Christianity
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
apostle appear applied authority beginning better blood body brought called character Christian church consider darkness dead death delivered divine doctrine earth effect Egypt evil example eyes faith fathers fense figure follow Gentiles give glory gospel grace hands hath hear heart heathen heaven Hebrews holy instruction Jesus Christ Jews Jhall king kingdom land language LECT LECTURE light live look Lord manner meaning mind miracles Moses nature never object observe occasion offering particular person preaching present priest priesthood principle promised proper prophet Psalm raised reason received relation religion rest salvation saved Saviour scrip scripture sent shew signified soul speak spirit stand suffer tabernacle taken teach Testament things thou tion true truth ture turn understand unto whole wilderness wisdom wonderful
108. oldal - Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
76. oldal - Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
100. oldal - By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to his name.
342. oldal - And Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of them that searched the land, rent their clothes : And they spake unto all the company of the children of Israel, saying, The land, which we passed through to search it, is an exceeding good land. If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us ; a land which floweth with milk and honey.
360. oldal - THE Old Testament is not contrary to the New : for both in the Old and New Testament everlasting life is offered to Mankind by Christ, who is the only Mediator between God and Man, being both God and Man. Wherefore they are not to be heard, which feign that the old Fathers did look only for transitory promises.
384. oldal - Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar ? Even so hath the Lord ordained, that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
216. oldal - For behold we were binding sheaves in the field, and lo ! my sheaf arose and also stood upright ; and behold, your sheaves stood round about and made obeisance to my sheaf.
131. oldal - For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly ; neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh : but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly ; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter ; whose praise is not of men, but of God.