Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according actions advantage affections appear authority Barrow benefits blessed called cause Christian church comfort command common commonly concerning consequently consider considerable continually course desire devotion discourse disposed divine doth duty engaged especially evil excellent express faithful favor fear give glory God's hand happy hath heart heaven holy honor hope interest judgment justice kind king live Lord manner matter means mind nature never obliged observe occasion ourselves particular passions Paul peace perform persons piety pious pleasure practice praise pray prayer present priests princes profit promise prosperity providence reason regard religion render requires respect righteous rules saith sense serve soul speak speech spirit surely thanks thee therein thereof things thou thoughts tion true truth unto virtue whence wisdom wise
198. oldal - By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to his name.
275. oldal - Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob; 8.
258. oldal - And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts but they regard not the work of the Lord, neither consider the operation of his hands.
178. oldal - What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord : I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all his people.
278. oldal - But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
272. oldal - ... lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them : the Great, the Mighty God, the Lord of Hosts, is his name, great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men, to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings...
295. oldal - The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee ; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet ; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel. Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.
301. oldal - And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God, peradventure, will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth...
352. oldal - ... look or gesture, passeth for it: sometimes an affected simplicity, sometimes a presumptuous bluntness giveth it being: sometimes it riseth only from a lucky hitting upon what is strange: sometimes from a crafty wresting obvious matter to the purpose. Often it consisteth in one knows not what, and springeth up one can hardly tell how. Its ways are unaccountable, and inexplicable; being answerable to the numberless rovings of fancy, and windings of language.