The Antiquities of Free-masonry: Comprising Illustration of the Five Grand Periods of Masonry, from the Creation of the World to the Dedication of King Solomon's Temple ...
Whittaker, 1823 - 366 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham according ages amongst ancient appeared authority became blessing body building called cause celebrated Christ Christianity command communicated considered contains creation darkness death descendants destroyed directed distinguished divine duties earth effects Egypt Egyptians erected existence faith father founded geometry give God's gods grand hand heaven Hence holy hope human hundred idolatry immediate inhabitants institution Isaac Israel Israelites Jacob King knowledge land learning letters light lived Lodge Lord mankind Masonry Masons ment mind moral Moses mysteries nature Noah offering operative original perfect performed period person possessed practice present preserved priests principles produced promised pure reason received reference religion remained respective rest returned rites sacred says secret seven sons stone tabernacle temple things thou tion tribe true truth universal unto virtue whole worship
249. oldal - And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.
97. oldal - And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
63. oldal - Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth ; and from thy face shall I be hid ; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth ; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
39. oldal - Two of far nobler shape erect and tall, Godlike erect, with native honour clad In naked majesty seemed lords of all, And worthy seemed, for in their looks divine The image of their glorious Maker shone...
92. oldal - And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousand of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
184. oldal - Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection? It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know? The measure thereof is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.
363. oldal - Now therefore arise, O Lord God, into thy resting place, thou, and the ark of thy strength : let thy priests, O Lord God, be clothed with salvation, and let thy saints rejoice in goodness.
75. oldal - And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle. And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.
244. oldal - For they covered the face of the whole earth, so that the land was darkened; and they did eat every herb of the land, and all the fruit of the trees which the hail had left: and there remained not any green thing in the trees, or in the herbs of the field, through all the land of Egypt.