Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Academy of Sciences acid active agriculture American Association animals applied appointed April Asso asymmetric asymmetric synthesis atom biological botany Brooklyn Botanic Garden Bureau California cent chairman chemical chemist chemistry Chicago College Columbia University committee Crocker Land Expedition December 28 director discussion disease educational effect elected ence engineering experiments fact fessor field Geological given Harvard Harvard University ical important industrial Institute interest investigation Jacques Loeb John laboratory lectures Lick Observatory material mathematics Medical School medicine meeting ment method Museum National nature nebula Observatory observed optically active orbits organization papers physical planetary nebula plants practical present president problems production Professor recent relation SCIENCE Friday scientific secretary Section sity Society soil solution species stars stations T. H. Morgan theory tion ture United Univer University versity Washington William York
444. oldal - I asserted — and I repeat — that a man has no reason to be ashamed of having an ape for his grandfather. If there were an ancestor whom I should feel shame in recalling, it would rather be a man — a man of restless and versatile intellect — who, not content with an equivocal...
271. oldal - The astronomer discovers that geometry, a pure abstraction of the human mind, is the measure of planetary motion. The chemist finds proportions and intelligible method throughout matter; and science is nothing but the finding of analogy, identity, in the most remote parts.
252. oldal - Majesty and the United States of America for the protection of Migratory Birds in Canada and the United States.
56. oldal - Education and on Health and Public Instruction of the American Medical Association, the Federation of State Medical Boards of the United States and the Association of American Medical Colleges, will be held at the Congress Hotel, Chicago, on February 5 and 6, 1917.
629. oldal - An act to save daylight and to provide standard time for the United States', approved March 19, 1918, as amended, shall be advanced one hour.
406. oldal - RICHARDS, professor of mechanical engineering and head of the department since 1911, has been appointed dean of the College of Engineering and director of the Engineering Experiment Station of the University of Illinois to succeed Dr. WF M. Goss who has resigned to become president of the Railway Car Manufacturers
271. oldal - Engineers, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and the American Institute of Electrical Engineers.
444. oldal - Mr. Huxley slowly and deliberately arose. A slight, tall figure, stern and pale, very quiet and very grave, he stood before us and spoke those tremendous words — words which no one seems sure of now, nor, I think, could remember just after they were spoken, for their meaning took away our breath, though it left us in no doubt as to what it was. He was not ashamed to have a monkey for his ancestor; but he would be ashamed to be connected with a man who used great gifts to obscure the truth. No one...
402. oldal - Council were created a Body Corporate under the name of "The Imperial Trust for the Encouragement of Scientific and Industrial Research " to hold and dispose of money and other property for the purposes of the Committee.
424. oldal - That there be formed a National Research Council, whose purpose shall be to bring into cooperation existing governmental, educational, industrial, and other research organizations, with the object of encouraging the investigation of natural phenomena, the increased use of scientific research in the development of American industries, the employment of scientific methods in strengthening the national defense, and such other applications of science as will promote the national security and welfare...