Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Tupper's Complete Poetical Works: Containing Proverbial Philosophy ...
Martin Farquhar Tupper
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
affection beauty Behold better bless body breath calm cause charity child cold count creature dark dead death deep dread dream dull earth evil face fair faith fame fancy father fear feel flowers foes gain give glad glory hand happy hast hath hear heart heaven holy honesty honour hope hour kind king knowledge leave light live look man's matter mind mystery nature never night once pain passed past peace pleasure poor praise prayer pride reason rest rich scorn secret seek seen shalt smile sorrow soul spirit stand strong sweet tear tell thee thine things thou art thoughts thousand to-day toil tongue true trust truth turn unto weak wings wisdom wise young youth
124. oldal - And immediately I was in the spirit; and behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne ; and he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone ; and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
122. oldal - Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high. As many were astonied at thee, (his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men...
254. oldal - A little more sleep, a little more slumber, a little " more folding of the hands to sleep.
262. oldal - NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER give up ! it is wiser and better Always to hope, than once to despair; Fling off the load of Doubt's cankering fetter, And break the dark spell of tyrannical care: Never give up ! or the burden may sink you — Providence kindly has mingled the cup, And in all trials or troubles, bethink you, The watchword of life must be, Never give up...
248. oldal - And he set up the pillars in the porch of the temple : and he set up the right pillar, and called the name thereof Jachin : and he set up the left pillar, and called the name thereof Boaz.
262. oldal - Never give up ! — though the grape-shot may rattle, Or the full thunder-cloud over you burst, Stand like a rock, — and the storm or the battle Little shall harm you, though doing their worst : Never give up ! — if adversity presses, Providence wisely has mingled the cup, And the best counsel, in all your distresses, Is the stout watchword of Never give up ! THE SUN.
262. oldal - Never give up ! there are chances and changes Helping the hopeful a hundred to one, And through the chaos High Wisdom arranges Ever success — if you'll only hope on : Never give up ! for the wisest is boldest, Knowing that Providence mingles the cup, And of all maxims the best, as the oldest, Is the true watchword of, Never give up.
260. oldal - Tis not long since, — it cannot be long, — My years so soon were spent, Since I was a boy, both straight and strong, Yet now am I feeble and bent. A dream, a dream, — it is all a dream ! A strange, sad dream, good sooth ; For old as I am, and old as I seem, My heart is full of youth...
290. oldal - ALL'S for the best! be sanguine and cheerful, Trouble and sorrow are friends in disguise, Nothing but Folly goes faithless and fearful, Courage for ever is happy and wise: All for the best, — if a man would but know it, Providence wishes us all to be blest, This is no dream of the pundit or poet, Heaven is gracious, and — All's for the best!