The Whole Works of the Reverend Mr. John Flavel: To which is Added an Alphabetical Table of the Principal Matters Contained in the Whole, 8. kötet
A. Weir and A. McLean, 1770
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
Acts againſt alfo appear arguments becauſe behold believers bleffed blood body bread bring called Chrift Chriftians church comfort commandment concerning condition confcience confider covenant danger death defire direct doth drink duty earth evil excellent eyes faid faints faith falvation fame Father faving fcripture feal fear fecond fhall fhould finners firft fome foul fpiritual fuch fufferings give glory God's grace hand hath hear heart heaven hence himſelf holy honour hope improved inference Jefus Chrift John judgment keep king kingdom live Lord Matth means moſt muft muſt nature never peace perfons Pfalm pray prayer prevent promiſe prove reafon receive rules ſhall Spirit thee thefe themſelves theſe things third thofe thoſe thou true truth unto uſe viii whole yourſelves
290. oldal - For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them : but the word preached did not profit them , not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
78. oldal - Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
109. oldal - Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
67. oldal - For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but, as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
135. oldal - For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
4. oldal - ... but Christ being come, an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building ; neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
463. oldal - For what is our hope or joy or crown of rejoicing ? are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming ? For ye are our glory and joy.
147. oldal - Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself except it abide in the vine, no more can ye except ye abide in Me. I am the Vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in Me and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit. For without Me ye can do nothing.
64. oldal - If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord...
29. oldal - But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it ; yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while; for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.