Town and Country Sermons
Parker, 1861 - 380 oldal
This is a pre-1923 historical reproduction that was curated for quality. Quality assurance was conducted on each of these books in an attempt to remove books with imperfections introduced by the digitization process. Though we have made best efforts - the books may have occasional errors that do not impede the reading experience. We believe this work is culturally important and have elected to bring the book back into print as part of our continuing commitment to the preservation of printed works worldwide.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
answer Assyria become believe better Bible blessed body bring called character Christ Christian Church comes common curse death doctrines duty earth England evil eyes faith fancy Father fear feel flesh friends fruit give glory God's Gospel grace grow hand hear heart heaven Holy honour hope human hundred Jesus Jews keep king laws least less light live London look Lord man's matter mean merely mind nature never once ourselves Paul peace perfect perhaps poor pray preach punish reason righteousness seems seen selfish SERMON shew sins soul speak Spirit sure teach tell thank thee things thou thought true trust truth turn understand unto weakness whole wish wonderful wrong
171. oldal - Jesus walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea ; for they were fishers. And he saith unto them ; " Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
152. oldal - Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the Gospel's, but he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions ; and in the world to come eternal life.
79. oldal - Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord ; for they rest from their labours ; and their works do follow them, Rev.
267. oldal - GRANT, we beseech thee, merciful LORD, to thy faithful people, pardon and peace; that they may be cleansed from all their sins, and serve thee with a quiet mind, through JESUS CHRIST our Lord. Amen.
144. oldal - Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man, speaking by the Spirit of God, calleth Jesus accursed ; and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
143. oldal - Plenteous grace with thee is found, Grace to cover all my sin : Let the healing streams abound : Make and keep me pure within. Thou of life the fountain art. Freely let me take of thee : Spring thou up within my heart, Rise to all eternity.
223. oldal - AND he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward ; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.
327. oldal - By thine Agony and bloody Sweat ; by thy Cross and Passion ; by thy precious Death and Burial ; by thy glorious Resurrection and Ascension ; and by the coming of the Holy Ghost, Good Lord, deliver us.
183. oldal - And he answered, I have not troubled Israel ; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the Lord, and thou hast followed Baalam.