Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admit ancient antediluvian antiquity appear Arian atmosphere Azoic Bible book of Job carboniferous causes centre changes chapter character clouds condition connection cosmogony created creative Creator darkness day of creation deluge distinct divine doctrine dry land earth Egypt Egyptian elevation evidence existing fact farther fauna firmament fossil Genesis geological geological periods geologists gymnosperms heavens Hebrew human hypothesis idea introduction Jehovah language laws light long periods mammals Manetho meaning merely Mesozoic modern Mosaic Mosaic record Moses narrative naturalists objects observed organic origin Palaeozoic passages perfect pre-Adamite present primitive probably Prof progress Psalm quadrupeds races rain reason refer regard regions remarkable reptiles revelation rocks sabbath scripture Semitic septuagint seventh day Silurian species strata successive supposed surface term tertiary period thou tion transmutation of species tribes truth ture unity vapour varieties vegetable verse waters whole word writers
104. oldal - Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.
151. oldal - Into one place, and let dry land appear.' Immediately the mountains huge appear Emergent, and their broad bare backs upheave Into the clouds; their tops ascend the sky: So high as heaved the tumid hills, so low Down sunk a hollow bottom broad and deep, Capacious bed of waters...
187. oldal - And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind. And God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying : Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
153. oldal - But where shall wisdom be found ? and where is the place of understanding ? Man knoweth not the price thereof; neither is it found in the land of the living. The depth saith, It is not in me : and the sea saith, It is not with me.
202. oldal - Are God and Nature then at strife, That Nature lends such evil dreams ? So careful of the type she seems, So careless of the single life...
139. oldal - Bless the LORD, O my soul. PSALM 104 BLESS the LORD, 0 my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great ; Thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: Who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain...
66. oldal - And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the Lord thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.
58. oldal - My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.