The Spirit in Redemption
Cosimo, Inc., 2006. máj. 1. - 416 oldal
The field of consciousness is a difficult one to explore. It is also difficult to go outside one's own consciousness in the discussion of those inner states of subjective religion. Consciousness differs in individuals. Therefore there is much confusion among the people concerning the witness of the Spirit to salvation. Some speak of it as an outward voice speaking to the soul, or as an inward voice. Some Christians seem to get a much clearer witness than others, and that leads earnest souls to doubt their acceptance with God, because they have not had that vision at conversion that some Christians claim to have had. -from "The Witness of the Spirit" More devotional than academic, this collection of ponderings on the Gospel endeavor to give the Holy Spirit his rightful place in Christian theology. "The Spirit has not been honored as He should have been," Shaw writes in his Preface, and dedicates his thoughtful essays to examining the Holy Spirit's role in an individual's faith, from the Spirit's role in offering repentance and extending temptation to how a believer can better pray to the Spirit and how one can be led by the Spirit to a place of greater holiness. First published in 1910, this is a beautiful work of piety that will inspire Christians to renew their relationship with an important figure of the faith. OF INTEREST TO: Christian scholars, readers of religious philosophy, seekers after wisdom GEORGE SHAW (b. 1870) was dean of the School of Theology at Central Holiness University. He is also the author of Acquainted with Grief (1906) and The Conflict of Jesus (1916).
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
The Great ReproverThe Spirit in Conviction
The Spirit in Repentancb
The Spirit in Justification
The Spirit in Faith
The Spirit in Regeneration
The Anointing of the Spirit
Thb Hour Spirit in Praybr
Thb Spirit in Unity
Thb Spirit in Preaching
Thb Sins against thb Spirit
Thb Spirits Warning against Apostasy
Thb Frdit op the Spirit
Gifts op thb Spirit
The Spirit in Sanctification
The Witness of the Spirit
The Spirit in Temptation
The Spirit and Spiritual Prog ress
Being Ied by the Spirit
The Church under thb Guid ance of the Hoiy Spirit
Thb Spirit anb thb Christ
Thb Spirits Revelation of Christ
Manifestations of the Spirit
Thb Spirit in thb Cross
Thb Spirits Aspiration
able according anointing answer Author baptism become believe body born bring called cause Christian Church cleansing comes conviction cross danger darkness dead death deny depart desire disciples divine doctrine experience faith Father fear feel follow gift give given glory God's gospel grace ground grow hand hath hear heart heaven Holy Ghost Holy Spirit hope hour human Jesus Christ justification keep lead light live look Lord means mind moral nature never obey pass Paul peace perfect pray prayer preaching present receive religion religious repentance rest revealed righteousness saints salvation sanctification says Scripture seek seen sense sins soul speak stand suffer teach temptation things thou thought tion true truth turn unto voice walk weak witness
149. oldal - But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all : and thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest ; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.
184. oldal - Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints, what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
81. oldal - That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner. 8 And Zaccheus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.
192. oldal - And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience ; .and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
33. oldal - But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
112. oldal - For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass, he shall have whatsoever he saith.
370. oldal - From that time forth began Jesus to show unto his disciples how that he must go unto Jerusalem and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed and be raised again the third day.
128. oldal - But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation, through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth : 14 Whereunto He called you by our Gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.