Meditations on the passion of our lord Jesus Christ, according to the four evangelists, by the abbot of Monte Cassino (C.M. de Vera). Ed. [in Engl.] by the bp. of Brechin
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Meditations on the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ, According to the Four ...
Carlo Maria De Vera
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according accusation Ancient answered asked behold betrayed Bishop Blessed blood Body Book calf called Catechism cheap edition chief priests Children Christ Christian Church cloth Confirmation Cross crucified Daily death delivered deny desire Devotions disciples Divine Doctrine earth England English evil Faith Family FATHER Fcap fear followed FORM Four gave give grace hand head heart heaven high priest History Holy Holy Communion hour human Hymns Illustrated innocent Jesus Jews John King kingdom late Lectures Lessons limp Little LORD Manual Master Morning morocco Music Offices original Passion Passover Peter Pilate pray Prayers prepare Price Questions Readings receive saith saying Schools Scripture Seasons Second Series Sermons servant Service Short sins soul spirit Stories suffer Tale Tales Thee things Thou tion took Translated true truth unto Voices whole witness wrapper Young
73. oldal - And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in. And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished : there make ready.
50. oldal - And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest : it is enough, the hour is come ; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise up, let us go ; lo, he that betrayeth me is at hand.
11. oldal - And while he yet spake, lo, Judas, one of the twelve, came, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and elders of the people. Now he that betrayed him gave them a sign, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he : hold him fast.
46. oldal - And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them : and they all drank of it. And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many. Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the Kingdom of God.
53. oldal - I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.
22. oldal - And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field to bury strangers in. Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day. (Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value, and gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me...
84. oldal - But a certain maid beheld him, as he sat by the fire, and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was also with him. And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not.
48. oldal - And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed, that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him. And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what thou wilt.