Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appeared attacked authority become believe Bentley better bill called capital cause character cholera church circumstances common consequence considerable considered constitution continued course cultivation disease doubt effect England English equal established existence expected fact feelings friends give hand House human important improvement increase individual influence interest Ireland Irish Italy labour land language least less living look Lord Lord John Russell manner matter means measure mind Ministers nature necessary never object observed obtain once opinion original party passed perhaps period persons political poor population present principle probably produce progress question readers reason received Reform rent respect says seems society soils spirit supposed taken thing thought tion town wealth whole
162. oldal - Some natural tears they dropped, but wiped them soon; The world was all before them, where to choose Their place of rest, and Providence their guide. They, hand in hand, with wandering steps and slow, Through Eden took their solitary way.
27. oldal - Yet when the sense of sacred presence fires, And strong devotion to the skies aspires, Pour forth thy fervours for a healthful mind, Obedient passions, and a will resign'd...
453. oldal - I do hereby disclaim, disavow, and solemnly abjure, any intention to subvert the present church establishment as settled by law within this realm, and I do solemnly swear, that I never will exercise any privilege to which I am or may become entitled, to disturb or weaken the protestant religion or protestant government in the United Kingdom.
27. oldal - Praise, said the sage, with a sigh, is to an old man an empty sound. I have neither mother to be delighted with the reputation of her son, nor wife to partake the honours of her husband.
39. oldal - I sat down on a bank, such as a writer of romance might have delighted to feign. I had indeed no trees to whisper over my head, but a clear rivulet streamed at my feet. The day was calm, the air was soft, and all was rudeness, silence, and solitude.
160. oldal - Vare, tuum nomen, superet modo Mantua nobis, Mantua vae miserae nimium vicina Cremonae, cantantes sublime ferent ad sidera cycni.' L. Sic tua Cyrneas fugiant examina taxos, 30 sic cytiso pastae distendant ubera vaccae : incipe, si quid habes. Et me fecere poetam Pierides, sunt et mihi carmina, me quoque dicunt vatem pastores ; sed non ego credulus illis. Nam neque adhuc Vario videor nec dicere Cinna 35 digna, sed argutos inter strepere anser olores.
222. oldal - I am convinced that those societies (as the Indians) which live without government, enjoy in their general mass an infinitely greater degree of happiness than those who live under the European governments.
295. oldal - The Atlantic was roused : Mrs. Partington's spirit was up ; but I need not tell you the contest was unequal. The Atlantic Ocean beat Mrs. Partington. She was excellent at a slop or a puddle, but she should not have meddled with a tempest.