Selections from Eminent Commentators, who Have Believed in Punishment After Death: Wherein They Have Agreed with Universalists in Their Interpretation of Scriptures Relating to Punishment
T. Whittemore, 1833 - 324 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Annot apostle appear applied authority believe body called cast chap Christ christians church CLARKE coming concerning considered dead death destroyed destruction doctrine earth endless misery enter eternal Expos expressed faith Father fire future Gentiles give given gospel HAMMOND hand hath heaven hell Holy import indicate interpretation Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John judge judgment kingdom live Lord Luke manner Mark Matt meaning mentioned nature never Note in loc observed opinion orthodox parable passage persecutions persons phrase preaching present proof prophets punishment quoted reader receive reference relation remarks repentance Romans salvation saved seems sense servants signifies sins speaks spirit suffer supposed temporal Testament thee things thou tion torment translated true understand understood unto verse whole wicked word wrath writers xxiv
137. oldal - King say unto them on his right hand, come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I •was a hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
252. oldal - For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life : 9 But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead...
303. oldal - The beast that thou sawest, was, and is not ; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition : and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, (whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world,) when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
126. oldal - Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season ? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, that he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
113. oldal - The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, and sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
133. oldal - His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
310. oldal - And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened : and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them : and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.
111. oldal - Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a wine-press in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country...
57. oldal - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven ; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name ? and in thy name have cast out devils ? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you : depart from me, ye that work iniquity.