Excommunication of Mrs. Maria Townsend from the Communion of the Brick Presbyterian Church, New York, for Persevering Disbelief of the Doctrine of the Everlasting Punishment of the Wicked: Read 13th April 1823, Before the Society of United Christian Friends
printed at the office of the Gospel Herald, 1823 - 16 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
apostle appears believe blood Brick Presbyterian Church cause charge Clerk of Session communication consequences considered creature dated death deliver denied desired destroy differ doctrine doubt duty earth endless misery error everlasting punishment evidence excommunicated expected expression faith Father fear February feel forbid form of government gift give given glory gospel grace happy hath heard Heaven holy hope intended Jesus Christ judgment June justified knowledge laid lest letter live Lord MADAM manifestation Maria Townsend mind minute mystery New-York obedience offence ourselves party Paul peace praise promise question reason reconcile Redeemer redemption rejoice religion Resolved righteousness salvation saved Saviour Scriptures Session Signed sincerely sins soul spirit Spring suffer suppose taught things Thou hast tion true trust truth unbelief unto wicked worship written zeal
7. oldal - Being justified freely by His grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood...
6. oldal - ... having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself. That in the dispensation of the fulness of times, he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth ; even in him...
12. oldal - All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.
7. oldal - God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe : for there is no difference : for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God ; being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus...
8. oldal - I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
4. oldal - For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour, who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time...
6. oldal - ... that in the dispensation of the fulness of times be might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him : in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: tbat we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
7. oldal - But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour ; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
6. oldal - For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, "That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.