Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able according Accordingly actions affairs already altar Antiq appeared army assistance battle body bring brother brought called camp carried cause CHAP commanded concerning danger daughter David dead death delivered desired destroyed divine Egypt Egyptians enemies entirely father fell fight follow force gave give given gold ground hand happy hast hath heard Hebrews honour hundred Israelites Jacob Jerusalem Josephus kill king kingdom laid land laws leave lived manner means mind Moses multitude nature observe occasion offer pass Philistines present preserve priests promised prophet punishment reason received rest Saul sent servants shewed slain slew Solomon sons suppose taken temple thee things thou thought thousand tion told took tribe whole wife woman
218. oldal - And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation ; and not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.
350. oldal - The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
14. oldal - And that their inventions might not be lost before they were sufficiently known, upon Adam's prediction that the world was to be destroyed at one time by the force of fire, and at another time by the violence and quantity of water, they made two pillars, the one of brick, the other of stone: they inscribed their discoveries on them both...
385. oldal - I rejoice at the condition thou art in, and will be subservient to thee in all that thou sendest to me about ; for when by my subjects I have cut down many and large trees of cedar, and cypress wood, I will send them to sea, and will order my subjects to make floats of them, and to sail to what...
366. oldal - When thou takest the sum of the children of Israel after their number, then shall they give every man a ransom for his soul unto the LORD, when thou numberest them; that there be no plague among them, when thou numberest them.
400. oldal - ... that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel, unto the blood of Zacharias, son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
385. oldal - And if I by Beelzebub cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out?
391. oldal - Solomon built with stones of ten cubits, and wainscoated the walls with other stones that were sawed, and were of great value, such as are dug out of the earth for the ornaments of temples, and to make fine prospects in royal palaces, and which make the mines whence they are dug famous.
14. oldal - For many angels* of God accompanied with women, and begat sons that proved unjust, and despisers of all that was good, on account of the confidence they had in their own strength ; for the tradition is, that these men did what resembled the acts of those whom the Grecians call Giants.