Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
amongst appears argali Arminianism attention barrister Bencoolen Bible called cause Ceylon Chapel character Christ Christian Church College convicts court crimes criminal death divine duty Ecclesiastical Preferment.—Rev established eternal Everard Home evil existence father favour feel Freemasons friends Gilbert Wakefield give gospel grace happy hath heart heaven holy honour hope human Institution interest island John king labour late living London Lord Lord Byron Lord Holland Lordship matter ment mind minister Missionary moral mouflon native nature never New-York object offence Penitentiary System pepper persons Plumptre poem possessed preached Prebendary present principles Prison profession punishment Queen's College racter Rajah received reigned religion render Report respect Royal Scriptures Sermons shew Sierra Leone Sizars Society South Wales spirit Sumatra talents things thou tion truth unto Vols whilst whole young youth
166. oldal - Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evil doers, and for the praise of them that do well.
387. oldal - Every subject of the Commonwealth ought to find a certain remedy, by having recourse to the laws, for all injuries or wrongs which he may receive in his person, property or character. He ought to obtain right and justice freely, and without being obliged to purchase it ; completely, and without any denial ; promptly, and without delay, conformably to the laws.
349. oldal - As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.
378. oldal - And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.
59. oldal - Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils ; speaking lies in hypocrisy ; having their conscience seared with a hot iron ; forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
268. oldal - His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east.
260. oldal - And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
46. oldal - And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee : nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
260. oldal - THIS is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam; in the day when they were created.
391. oldal - In all criminal prosecutions the accused hath a right to be heard by himself and counsel ; to demand the nature and cause of the accusation against him ; to meet the witnesses face to face : to have compulsory process to compel the attendance of witnesses In his favor...