Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections afford ancient apostles appear authenticity benevolence Canaan Canaanites character children of Israel Christ Christian Cicero circumstances consequence dæmons darkness death declared deist Deity disciples divine doctrines earth enemies evangelists evidence evil excellent faith fame Father favour fays Gentiles gospel hath heart heaven Hence Holy honour human Irenæus Isaiah Israel Israelites Jerusalem Jesus Jews Jhall John John x John xviii Josephus Judea Justin Martyr king kingdom learned lived Lord Lord's Luke mankind manner Matt ment mentioned Messiah mind miracles Moses multitude nations nature never observe opinion passage peace persecution person Peter philosophers Pliny Plutarch Porphyry prejudices proof prophecy prophet purpose reader reason religion REMARK Roman Saviour scriptures sentiments shew Socrates spirit stall stiled suffer things thou tion told Trajan true truth viour virtue whole wisdom words worship writers
42. oldal - But he answered and said unto him that told him, " Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?" And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, "Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister and mother.
227. oldal - The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you ; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
188. oldal - Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he.
118. oldal - And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bride-chamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them ? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.
87. oldal - And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
27. oldal - Vain, wretched creature, how art thou misled To think thy wit these godlike notions bred! These truths are not the product of thy mind, But dropp'd from heaven, and of a nobler kind.
78. oldal - And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
223. oldal - Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him. But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs; but one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
88. oldal - And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed ? but where are the nine ? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.