Sacred Poetry: Consisting of Psalms and Hymns, Adapted to Christian Devotion in Publick and Private : Selected from the Best Authors, with Variations and Additions
Thomas Wells, 1817 - 507 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adore almighty angels appear bear Behold bless blest breath bright bring cheerful Christ command Common Metre dark death delight divine dust dwell earth eternal eyes face faith Father fear feet flow foes give glorious glory grace hand happy hast head hear heart heaven heavenly holy honours hope hour humble Hymn Jesus join keep kind King land light live Long Metre Lord mind mortal nature never night o'er pain peace praise proclaim Psalm race raise reigns rejoice rest rich righteousness rise round sacred saints salvation Saviour seek shine Short sing sinners sins skies song sons soul sound sovereign speak Spirit spread spring stand strength thee thine thou thoughts thousand throne thy grace thy name thy word tongue trust truth voice wait WATTS Whilst wonders
229. oldal - COME, let us join our cheerful songs, With angels round the throne ; Ten thousand thousand are their tongues, But all their joys are one. 2 " Worthy the Lamb that died," they cry, " To be exalted thus :" — " Worthy the Lamb," our lips reply,
229. oldal - To you, in David's town, this day, Is born, of David's line, The Saviour, who is Christ, the Lord, And this shall be the sign : — 4 " The heavenly babe you there shall find, To human view displayed, All meanly wrapped in swathing bands, And in a manger laid.
139. oldal - We'll crowd thy gates with thankful songs, High as the heavens our voices raise : And earth, with her ten thousand tongues, Shall fill thy courts with sounding praise.
39. oldal - Though in the paths of death I tread, With gloomy horrors overspread, My steadfast heart shall fear no ill, For Thou, O Lord, art with me still : Thy friendly crook shall give me aid, And guide me through the dreadful shade.
229. oldal - Must I be carried to the skies On flowery beds of ease, While others fought to win the prize, And sailed through bloody seas ? 3 Are there no foes for me to face ? Must I not stem the flood ? Is this vile world a friend to grace, To help me on to God...
197. oldal - Mercy and truth are all his ways: Wonders of grace to God belong; Repeat his mercies in your song.
229. oldal - In every joy that crowns my days, In every pain I bear, My heart shall find delight in praise, Or seek relief in prayer.
173. oldal - ... like" the sun, a heavenly light, That guides us all the day, And through the dangers of the night A lamp to lead our way.
229. oldal - What I've committed to His hands, Till the decisive hour. 4 Then will He own my worthless name Before His Father's face, And in the New Jerusalem Appoint my soul a place.
138. oldal - BEFORE Jehovah's awful throne, Ye nations bow with sacred joy : Know that the Lord is God alone ; He can create, and he destroy. 2 His sovereign power, without our aid, Made us of clay, and formed us men ; And when, like wandering sheep, we strayed, He brought us to his fold again. 3...