Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
already appears army authority believe brought Cæsar called carried cause character chief Christian Church classes Colin command common course court death doubt duty early effect England English expression fact faith feeling force foreign France French give given Government hand held hope important interest Italy king known Koran land less letter light living looked Lord matter means Methodism Methodist mind ministers nature never object officers once opinion original party passed political position practice present probably produced question received regard remained rendered result revision Roman seems sent side Society Spain spirit success taken things thought tion trade turn Version whole
511. oldal - Our little systems have their day; They have their day and cease to be; They are but broken lights of thee, And thou, O Lord, art more than they.
496. oldal - Nor wilt thou snare him in the white ravine, Nor find him dropt upon the firths of ice. That huddling slant in furrow-cloven falls To roll the torrent out of dusky doors: But follow ; let the torrent dance thee down To find him in the valley; let the wild Lean-headed Eagles yelp alone, and leave The monstrous ledges there to slope, and spill Their thousand wreaths of dangling water-smoke, That like a broken purpose waste in air: So waste not thou; but come; for all the vales Await thee; azure pillars...
185. oldal - For I know, that in me, (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing : for to will is present with me ; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
184. oldal - For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
184. oldal - In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves ; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth...
503. oldal - THERE rolls the deep where grew the tree. O earth, what changes hast thou seen ! There where the long street roars, hath been The stillness of the central sea. The hills are shadows, and they flow From form to form, and nothing stands ; They melt like mist, the solid lands, Like clouds they shape themselves and go.
185. oldal - I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
387. oldal - The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light.
185. oldal - For the good that I would, I do not: but the evil, which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, BUT SIN THAT DWELLTH IN ME. I find then a law, that, when I would do good Evil is present with me.
488. oldal - And drunk delight of battle with my peers, Far on the ringing plains of windy Troy. I am a part of all that I have met ; Yet all experience is an arch wherethro...