A View of the Doctrines and Duties of the Christian Religion, in Fortynine Discourses on St. Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians: With a Preliminary Discourse on the Evidences of the Gospel, Especially Those Derived from the Conversion, Ministry and Writings of that Apostle
by Isaiah Thomas, jun. Proprietor of the work according to law. September, 1801 - 616 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A View of the Doctrines and Duties of the Christian Religion, in Forty Nine ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
according againſt alſo Apoſtle appear attend becauſe believe bleſſings body bring called cauſe character Chriſt Chriſtians church command common concerning conſider corrupt danger death direction divine duties earth evil faith Father favor feel fellow firſt fleſh fruits Gentiles give given glory God's goſpel grace hand hath heart heaven himſelf holineſs holy hope important influence inheritance Jeſus Chriſt Jews knowledge known labor light live Lord manner means mind miniſter moſt muſt nature never ourſelves Paul peace perfect perſon pray prayer preach promiſe reaſon receive regard religion repentance reſpect riches righteouſneſs ſaid ſaints ſalvation ſame Savior ſays ſee ſenſe ſhall ſhould ſin ſome ſoul ſpeak Spirit ſtate ſubject ſuch teaches temper themſelves theſe things thoſe thoughts tion true truth unto uſe virtue walk wiſdom worſhip
159. oldal - For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us ; having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace ; and that He might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby; and came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
74. oldal - But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
86. oldal - By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep His commandments.
78. oldal - For we are saved by hope : but hope that is seen is not hope : for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
557. oldal - The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
351. oldal - Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, When it is in the power of thine hand to do it. Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, And to-morrow I will give: When thou hast it by thee.
218. oldal - According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
253. oldal - As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. " If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever.
164. oldal - And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell : for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.