Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accompanied admirable adorned angels anonymous Antwerp appears arms artist attended bearing beautiful British Brussels Catalogue centre church collection colour composed composition consists covers cross crown cupids Dated Ditto dogs drawing dress Duke Earl effect Engraved by Bolswert excellent Exhibited expression feet female figures finished foot four front fruit Gallery habited hair hand head holding horses infant Saviour Italy John Joseph King knees Lady Landscape latter light looking Louvre manner mantle master Munich naked neck numerous Nymphs opposite side original painted painter persons picture placed Portrait possession preceding present Prince production Queen receiving represented right hand robe round Rubens Rubens's saint satyr seated seen shoulder side sketch sold Spain spirited stands supported surrounded trees Virgin wearing woman Worth Writer young
157. oldal - There was a certain creditor which had two debtors : the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty. And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both.
290. oldal - Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him.
4. oldal - And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished...
62. oldal - In further discoursing to you upon this subject, I shall explain what is meant by giving the Holy Spirit. Perhaps these words may refer to the extraordinary effusion of the Holy Ghost upon the apostles on the day of Pentecost, when they received the gift of tongues, and were endued with the power of working miracles.
176. oldal - The whole composition is full of animation, to which the air of the horses, thus pressed backwards, does not a little contribute. Both these sketches are admirably composed, and in every respect excellent ; few pictures of Rubens, even of his most finished works, give a higher idea of his genius.
177. oldal - Cependant, sur le dos de la plaine liquide, S'eleve a gros bouillons une montagne humide: L'onde approche, se brise, et vomit a nos yeux, Parmi des flots d'ecume, un monstre furieux. Son front large est arme de cornes mena9antes ; Tout son corps est couvert d'ecailles jaunissantes ; Indomptable taureau, dragon impetueux, Sa croupe se recourbe en replis tortueux ; Ses longs mugissements font trembler le rivage.
177. oldal - Il lui fait dans le flanc une large blessure. De rage et de douleur le monstre bondissant Vient aux pieds des chevaux tomber en mugissant , Se roule, et leur présente une gueule enflammée Qui les couvre de feu , de sang et de fumée.
xlix. oldal - ... and beard ; his carriage was easy and noble, his introduction and manners exceedingly graceful and attractive ; his conversation facile and engaging, and when animated in discourse, his eloquence, delivered with full and clear intonation of voice, was at all times powerful and persuasive.
xi. oldal - Italy, where, during a residence of "six years, he perfected himself in the several universities for the profession of a civilian, and took the degree of doctor of civil and canon law at Rome. Soon after his return to his. native city, he married a lady of distinguished family, named Maria Pypelincx, daughter of Henry Pypelincx and Clara Tolion, and established himself at Antwerp, in the profession of the law. His erudition and prudence shortly acquired him distinction, and, in May, 1562, he was...