Apr. 1, 1782, to Nov. 1, 1788, inclusive; also, the Journal of the Committee of the States, from the 1st Friday in June, to the 1st Friday in August, 1784, with an Appendix
Way and Gideon, 1823
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accounts aforesaid amendment appointed army articles of confederation ay ay ay Connecticut ay Howell ay Maryland ay Massachusetts ay Pennsylvania ay Rhode-Island ay S.-Carolina ay Virginia Beatty Beresford board of treasury Boudinot Cadwallader Carroll certificates citizens Clark commander in chief commissioners committee Condict confederation Congress assembled consisting court debt Delaware delegates dollars Duane elected Ellery Fitzsimmons Foster Georgia Gerry Grayson Great-Britain Hardy Hawkins hereby Hindman Holten Houstoun Huntington Indians Izard Jersey Johnson King lands legislature M'Henry Madison Mercer Mifflin MONDAY Monroe Montgomery motion nays being required New-Hampshire New-Jersey officers ordinance Osgood Patridge payment petition Pinckney postpone Present question to agree question was lost Ramsay Read referred a letter referred a memorial requisition resolution Resolved respective Rutledge seconded secretary secretary at war Sherman Smith South-Carolina Spaight superintendent of finance thereof treaty TUESDAY United Wadsworth Williamson yeas and nays
172. oldal - All charges of war, and all other expenses that shall be incurred for the common defence or general welfare, and allowed by the united states in congress assembled, shall be defrayed out of a common treasury, which shall be supplied by the" several states, in proportion to the value of all land within each state, granted to or surveyed for any Person, as such land and the buildings and improvements thereon shall be estimated according to such mode as the united states in congress assembled, shall...
331. oldal - Majesty's dominions in America; and that the American fishermen shall have liberty to dry and cure fish in any of the unsettled bays, harbours, and creeks of Nova Scotia, Magdalen Islands, and Labrador, so long as the same shall remain unsettled; but so soon as the same or either of them shall be settled, it shall not be lawful for the said fishermen to dry or cure fish at such settlement, without a previous agreement for that purpose with the inhabitants, proprietors, or possessors of the ground.
282. oldal - States; regulating the trade and managing all affairs with the Indians not members of any of the States — provided that the legislative right of any State within its own limits be not infringed or violated...
131. oldal - ... of establishing rules for deciding in all cases, what captures on land or water shall be legal, and in what manner prizes taken by land or naval forces in the service of the United States, shall be divided or appropriated...
332. oldal - Order, and cause all Archives, Records, Deeds and Papers belonging to any of the said States, or their Citizens, which in the Course of the War may have fallen into the Hands of his Officers, to be forthwith restored and delivered to the proper States and Persons to whom they belong.
265. oldal - States in proportion to the value of all land within each State, granted to, or surveyed for, any person, as such land and the buildings and improvements thereon shall be estimated, according to such mode as the United States in Congress assembled shall, from time to time, direct and appoint.
332. oldal - It is agreed that the Congress shall earnestly recommend it to the legislatures of the respective states, to provide for the restitution of all estates, rights and properties, which have been confiscated, belonging to real British subjects, and also of the estates, rights and properties of persons resident in districts in the possession of his Majesty's arms, and who have not borne arms against the said United States.
325. oldal - We join you in commending the interests of our dearest country to the protection of Almighty God, beseeching Him to dispose the hearts and minds of its citizens to improve the opportunity afforded them of becoming a happy and respectable nation.
73. oldal - ... in judgment, shall take an oath to be administered by one of the judges of the supreme or superior court of the state, where the cause shall be tried, "well and truly to hear and determine the matter in question, according to the best of his judgment, without favour, affection or hope of reward:" provided also that no state shall be deprived of territory for the benefit of the united states.
271. oldal - Mississippi, until it shall intersect the northernmost part of the thirty-first degree of north latitude; south, by a line to be drawn due east from the determination of the line last mentioned, in the latitude of thirty-one degrees north of the equator, to the middle of the river Apalachicola or Catahouche; thence along the middle thereof, to its junction with the Flint River; thence straight to the head of St. Mary's River, and thence down the middle of St. Mary's River to the Atlantic Ocean; east,...