Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
applied Arabian asked beauty become begin Behar Bengalese better Bible bird blind brings called camel carry Chinese Christmas comes common Danish death Dutch England English evil expression face fall father feet fire fool fortune four French Gaelic German give given hand head heart Hebrew Hindustani horse hundred indicate Italian John keep king land Latin leave live London look lost luck man's March marry master Matt meaning Modern Greek morning mouth nature never night once originated Osmanli Persian person phrase Prov proverb quoted rain referring replied rise Russian Sanskrit saying Scotch seek sometimes soon Spanish stone Tamil Telugu things thou thought tongue tree turn weather Welsh wife wind wise woman young
98. oldal - A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city ; and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.
182. oldal - Tis as the general pulse Of life stood still, and Nature made a pause ; An awful pause! prophetic of her end.
112. oldal - There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.
146. oldal - Come, bring with a noise, My merry, merry boys, The Christmas log to the firing ; While my good dame, she Bids ye all be free, And drink to your hearts
104. oldal - Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
95. oldal - The best laid schemes o' mice an' men Gang aft a-gley, An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain For promis'd joy. Still thou art blest compared wi' me ! The present only toucheth thee : But, och ! I backward cast my e'e On prospects drear, An' forward, tho' I canna see, I guess an
110. oldal - Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots ? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.
105. oldal - Though the mills of God grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small; Though with patience he stands waiting, with exactness grinds he all.