Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
American appear Association attended Baptist baptized become believe Bible blessed Board Boston brethren brother Burman called cause character Christ Christian church continued course dear death desire devoted divine dollars duty effect efforts engaged expected faith feel female Foreign friends give given gospel grace hand happy heart holy hope hundred important increase Indians influence Institution instruction interest Jesus labors late letter light live Lord means meeting ment mind ministers Miss missionary Missions months native nature never object pastor persons prayer preaching prepared present received religion religious Report respect Sabbath Scriptures Sermon Society soon soul spirit station success things thought tion tracts truth United whole young
141. oldal - If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, Let my right hand forget her cunning. If I do not remember thee, Let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth ; If I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
182. oldal - Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
79. oldal - And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
273. oldal - And the Lord said, I have pardoned according to thy word: but as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord.
100. oldal - And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.
18. oldal - After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till he come.
78. oldal - They set as sets the morning star, which goes • Not down behind the darkened west, nor hides Obscured among the tempests of the sky, But melts away into the light of heaven.
200. oldal - And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.
200. oldal - Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man. ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connections with private and public felicity.