Faithful Contendings Displayed: Being an Historical Relation of the State and Actings of the Suffering Remnant in the Church of Scotland, ... from the Year 1681 to 1691. ... Collected and Kept in Record by Mr. Michael Shields, ... To which is Added, Ten Considerations on the Danger of Apostacy ... By Mr. James Guthrie, ... As Also, A Collection of Very Valuable Sermons, ... Collected and Transcribed by John Howie, ...
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abroad according againſt alſo amongſt anſwer appear appointed becauſe brethren brought called caſe cauſe Chriſt church coming concerning conſider covenant defection defire deſired duty enemies engaged faithful fame fear firſt fome foul friends give given goſpel ground hand hath hear hearts himſelf honoured hope James John join judge judgment keep King land laſt laws letter live look Lord Lord's matter mean meeting mind miniſters moſt muſt never party perſons poor prayer preaching preſent reaſon received reformation religion Renwick reſolved ſaid ſame ſay Scotland ſee ſent ſeveral ſhall ſhould ſocieties ſome ſoul ſpeak ſuch ſuffering teſtimony themſelves thereof theſe things thoſe thou thought tion true truth turn unto wherein whole
523. oldal - We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes: we stumble at noonday as in the night; we are in desolate places as dead men.
348. oldal - ... as deceivers, and yet true ; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold we live ; as chastened, and not killed ; as sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing ; as poor, yet making many rich ; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
xiii. oldal - Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
31. oldal - The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance : He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked. 11 So that men shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous : Verily there is a God that judgeth in the earth.
208. oldal - O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer. Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.
348. oldal - God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; by pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, by the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left...
216. oldal - ... filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness...
89. oldal - In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. 1 go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.