The Use of Sacred History: Especially as Illustrating and Confirming the Great Doctrines of Revelation. To which are Prefixed Two Dissertations; the First, on the Authrnticity of the History Contained in the Pentateuch, and in Joshua, the Second, Proving that the Books Ascribed to Moses Were Actually Written by Him and by Divine Inspiration, 2. kötet
A. Nell, 1802
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Use of Sacred History: Especially As Illustrating and Confirming the ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
Abraham according againſt alſo angels appears atonement becauſe believe bleſſed blood brought called cauſe character Chriſt Church command conduct covenant creatures curſe David death deſign deſtroy deſtruction Deut diſplay divine doctrine earth employed eſpecially eternal evidence evil Exod faith Father fire firſt give given glory God's grace guilt hand hath heart heaven Hence himſelf hiſtory holy houſe human immediately iniquity Iſrael Iſraelites Jacob JEHOVAH Judge judgment juſtice king kingdom land language light Lord manner means ment merely moſt muſt nature never obſerved offered operation parents perfection perſon preſervation promiſe Providence puniſhment reaſon reſpect revelation ſacrifice ſaid ſame ſay ſeems ſhall ſhould ſin ſome ſon ſovereignty Spirit ſtate ſtill ſubjected ſuch ſuffer thee themſelves theſe things thoſe thou threatening tion true unto uſed vengeance whole wicked
200. oldal - Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance : behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.
246. oldal - All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous and to the wicked; to the good, and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as is the good, so is the sinner; and he that sweareth, as he that feareth an oath.
19. oldal - Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The Lord God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth, and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.
65. oldal - Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars, for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar ; the Lord of Hosts is his name.
198. oldal - And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
392. oldal - The Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine.
107. oldal - Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear : For our God is a consuming fire.
285. oldal - All this came upon the king Nebuchadnezzar. At the end of twelve months he walked in the palace of the kingdom of Babylon. The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty...
442. oldal - I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.