Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abolition abolitionists action adopted agents American amount annual Anti-Slavery Society believe Board Boston called cause cents character Cheers church claims Collections Collins colored Committee confidence Congress Constitution Convention course demand discussion duty effect efforts emancipation England equal Executive existing fact faithful feel freedom friends Garrison give Hall hands heart held hold honor hope House human immediate individual influence interest John labors land letter liberty Managers Massachusetts means measures meeting mind moral motion movement never North object opinion organization party passed persons pledge political present President principles question reason received refuse regard relation Report Representatives resolution Resolved respect Senate slave slaveholders slavery South spirit success taken thing tion true truth Union United views vote White whole women
29. oldal - There is neither Jew nor Greek, bond nor free, male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
80. oldal - If such prisoner was in custody upon a conviction of any other felony: by imprisonment in the state prison not less than six months nor more than five years; 3. If such prisoner was in custody upon a charge of felony: by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars and imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding two years; 4.
13. oldal - Who can. with patience, for a moment see The medley mass of pride and misery, Of whips and charters, manacles and rights, Of slaving blacks and democratic whites. And all the piebald polity that reigns In free confusion o'er Columbia's plains?
27. oldal - Truth, crushed to earth, shall rise again; The eternal years of God are hers; But Error, wounded, writhes in pain,' And dies among his worshippers.
25. oldal - Constitution, to abolish slavery and the slave-trade in the District of Columbia and in the territories of the United States.
14. oldal - States have long since declared they would do, as entirely independent of Mexico. The high obligations of public duty may enforce from the constituted authorities of the United States a policy which the course persevered in by Mexico will have mainly contributed to produce ; and the Executive, in such a contingency, will •with confidence throw itself upon the patriotism of the people to sustain the Government in its course of action.
19. oldal - Their principles led them to wage war against their oppressors, and to spill human blood like water, in order to be free. Ours forbid the doing of evil that good may come, and lead us to reject, and to entreat the oppressed to reject, the use of all carnal weapons for deliverance from bondage ; relying solely upon those which are spiritual and mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds.
xii. oldal - No bill or resolve of the senate or house of representatives shall become a law and have force as such, until it shall have been laid before the governor for his revisal; and if he, upon such revision, approve thereof, he shall signify his approbation by signing the same.
90. oldal - a covenant with death and an agreement with hell' — involving both parties in atrocious criminality, and should be immediately annulled.
40. oldal - Yet nerve thy spirit to the proof And blench not at thy chosen lot, The timid good may stand aloof, The sage may frown — yet faint thou not, Nor heed the shaft too surely cast, The foul and hissing bolt of scorn; For with thy side shall dwell, at last, The victory of endurance born.