A Collection of the Promises of Scripture, Under Their Proper Heads: In Two Parts. Representing I. The Blessings Promised. II. The Duties to which Promises are Made. With an Appendix, Relating to the Future State of the Church. And an Introduction, Containing Observations Upon the Excellancy and Use of the Promises, and Directions for the Right Application of Them
Hall & Hiller, 1803 - 231 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according affliction againſt alſo becauſe Behold believe Bleſſed bring Chriſtian church comfort command covenant death deliver Deut dwell earth enemies everlaſting evil eyes faith the LORD Father fear feed fhall fins fleſh fruit give given glory grace hand haſt hath hear heart heaven himſelf holy honour hope houſe iniquity Iſrael Jeſus Chriſt John judgment keep kings knowledge land light live LORD ſhall LORD thy Matt mercy moſt mouth peace poor prayer Promiſes Prov receive rejoice riches righteous righteouſneſs ſame ſaved ſay ſee ſhould ſins ſoul Spirit ſtrength ſuch thee theſe thine things thoſe thou ſhalt trouble truth turn underſtanding unto uſe viii walk wicked wiſdom wiſe xxxii ye ſhall
82. oldal - That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
221. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
172. oldal - For I know him, that he will command his children, and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment ; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
101. oldal - And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, "It is my people:" and they shall say, "The Lord is my God.
60. oldal - Asa cried unto the LORD his God, and said, LORD; it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O LORD our God; for we rest on thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O LORD, thou art our God: let not man prevail against thee.
76. oldal - But now, O Lord, thou art our father ; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
199. oldal - He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
120. oldal - Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort : who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
200. oldal - Him that overcometh, will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out : and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God : and I will write upon him my new name.