Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Flowers from the Holy Land; an Account of the Chief Plants Named in Scripture
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
Aaron's rod abundance appear Arab authorized barley bears beautiful become bitter blessings bloom blossom branches bread brought buds called Church clothe colour common corn cultivated described doubt early Egypt feet field fire flax flower follow fountains fruit gardens gather give given green ground grow hand hast heart height Holy Israel Israelites Ital Italy Jews kind king known land leaves Lentils light Lily look LORD manna means mentioned nature observe Palestine pass plant Pomegranate prepared present probably produce prophet pure quantity reed reference regard rendered represented rich root Rose Russ says Scarlet Scriptures seeds seems shrub soul speaks species spirit spring stem substance supposed sweet Syria Tares thee thou translated tree unto valley wild wood wormwood writes Yellow yielded
89. oldal - Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night: and should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?
135. oldal - THE groves were God's first temples. Ere man learned To hew the shaft, and lay the architrave. And spread the roof above them, — ere he framed The lofty vault, to gather and roll back The sound of anthems ; in the darkling wood, Amidst the cool and silence, he knelt down, And offered to the Mightiest solemn thanks And supplication.
23. oldal - ... when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of music shall be brought low, also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail...
150. oldal - When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys : I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.
10. oldal - Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
178. oldal - Who would have thought my shrivel'd heart Could have recover'd greenness ? It was gone Quite under ground ; as flowers depart To see their mother-root, when they have blown ; Where they together, All the hard weather, Dead to the world, keep house unknown.
89. oldal - And the LORD God prepared a gourd, and made it to come up over Jonah, that it might be a shadow over his head, to deliver him from his grief. So Jonah was exceeding glad of the gourd.
81. oldal - God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills ; a land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates ; a land of oil olive, and honey...
168. oldal - But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God : these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.