Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts already American animals Apostles argument become believe Bishop body called Canon Catholic cause character Christ Christian Church City civil claim Clergy common Convention Council course Divine doctrine doubt England English Episcopal established evidence existence fact Faith feeling give given hand Holy human hundred important influence Islands John land language late Letter living Lord matter means mind Ministers Ministry Mission Missionary moral nature never opinion organization origin persons position practical Prayer present principles prove question race reached reason received regard Religion religious respect Roman Rome Romish says School Scripture Service Society spirit theory things thought tion true truth United Unity views volume whole write XVII York
382. oldal - IT is evident unto all men diligently reading Holy Scripture and ancient Authors, that from the Apostles' time there have been these Orders of Ministers in Christ's Church; Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.
176. oldal - ... these elaborately constructed forms, so different from each other, and dependent upon each other in so complex a manner, have all been produced by laws acting around us. These laws, taken in the largest sense, being Growth with Reproduction; Inheritance, which is almost implied by reproduction ; Variability from the indirect and direct action of the conditions of life, and from use and disuse...
583. oldal - HOLY Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation : so that whatsoever is not read therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man, that it should be believed as an article of the Faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.
411. oldal - And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him : Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona, for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee ; but my Father, which is in heaven ; and I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
225. oldal - Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
648. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, our heavenly Father, who of thy tender mercy didst give thine only Son Jesus Christ to suffer death upon the cross for our redemption, who made there (by his one oblation of himself once offered) a full, perfect, and sufficient sacrifice, oblation, and satisfaction for the sins of the whole world...
302. oldal - It seems hard that a labourer incapacitated by sickness from competing with his stronger fellows, should have to bear the resulting privations. It seems hard that widows and orphans should be left to struggle for life or death.
294. oldal - I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible ; and in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of his Father before all worlds, God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made...
457. oldal - Whosesoever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them ; and whosesoever sins ye retain, they are retained.