The General History of the Christian Church: From Her Birth to Her Final Triumphant State in Heaven : Chiefly Deduced from the Apocalypse of St. John, the Apostle and Evangelist
Hopkins and Seymour, 1807 - 456 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The General History of the Christian Church: From Her Birth to Her Final ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
according adore ages Almighty ancient angel Antichrist Apoc Apocalypse appears army beast beginning behold bishops blood body called carried cast Catholic Chap Christ Christian Church coming continues crown death destroy divine doctrine earth emperor empire enemies executed expression faith fall fathers fire four give given glory Greek hand hath heads heard heaven holy human idolatry Italy Jerusalem Jews John judgment king kingdom Lamb living Lord mankind manner nature observed pagan period persecution poured present prince prophecy prophet provinces punishment received Reformation reign religion rise Roman Rome saints Satan Saviour says seal seen sent servants seven signed sound speaks spirit standing suffered sword taken temple thee things third thou thousand throne tion tribe trumpet twelve unto Vial voice waters whole wrath
xvii. oldal - And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
235. oldal - And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants, the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great, and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
297. oldal - And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
297. oldal - AND HE LAID HOLD ON THE DRAGON, THAT OLD SERPENT, WHICH IS THE DEVIL AND SATAN AND BOUND HIM A THOUSAND YEARS. AND CAST HIM INTO THE BOTTOMLESS PIT AND SHUT HIM UP AND SET A SEAL UPON HIM, THAT HE SHOULD DECEIVE THE NATIONS NO MORE, TILL THE THOUSAND YEARS SHOULD BE FULFILLED: AND AFTER THAT HE MUST BE LOOSED A LITTLE SEASON.
125. oldal - BEHOLD, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; Neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, And your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
290. oldal - Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
287. oldal - The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches : and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
297. oldal - These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
294. oldal - And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.