answer Antinomian Apostle appear Archippus Arminian atonement backsliding believe blessed called character Christian church Church of England conduct connexions conscience consider consists creatures Crispus death depravity desire divine doctrine duty earth Epaphras eternal evangelical evil exhort faith Father favour feel flesh former Gaius glory God's godly gospel grace ground hath hear heart heaven Holy Spirit honour hope idea imputed Israel Jesus Christ Jews justice Lord Jesus manifest means ment mercy mind ministers moral law nature ness never obedience object ourselves peace perceive perish persons Peter Pharisee pray prayer preaching principles profess prove punishment received redemption render repentance respect revealed righteousness salvation saved Saviour self-righteous sermon sinners sins Socinian soul speak spiritual pride supposed Ten Commandments thee things thou thought tion total depravity true religion truth unbelievers unto whole wicked word
325. oldal - Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
399. oldal - This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
310. oldal - PAUL, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh ; and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead...
349. oldal - And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
377. oldal - And I will establish my covenant with thee; and thou shalt know that I am the Lord : that thou mayest remember, and be confounded, and never open thy mouth any more because of thy shame, when I am pacified toward thee for all that thou hast done, saith the Lord God.
454. oldal - He feedeth on ashes: a deceived heart hath turned him aside, that he cannot deliver his soul, nor say: Is there not a lie in my right hand?
343. oldal - Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth upon the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb...
205. oldal - For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.