Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
addressed appears arms bearing believe Bishop British called CATALOGUE century Charles Church collection common contains copy correspondent Court daughter death died Earl early edition Edward England English engraved evidence fact four FRANCIS French George give given hand head Henry History Illustrated interesting Italy James John King Knight known Lady land late letter Literature living London Lord married matter meaning mentioned never notice occurs Office original Oxford passage period person poem possession present printed probably published Queen query question readers reference Robert Royal says seems seen sent side story Street term Thomas tion translation viii volume WANTED WHITE wife writing written
289. oldal - O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee.
223. oldal - Here die I, Richard Grenville, with a joyful and quiet mind, for that I have ended my life as a true soldier ought to do, that hath fought for his country, Queen, religion, and honour; whereby my soul most joyfully departeth out of this body, and shall always leave behind it an everlasting fame of a valiant and true soldier that hath done his duty as he was bound to do.
35. oldal - With a more riotous appetite. Down from the waist they are centaurs, Though women all above: But to the girdle do the gods inherit, Beneath is all the fiends; there's hell, there's darkness, there is the sulphurous pit, burning, scalding, stench, consumption; — Fie, fie, fie! pah; pah! Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination: there's money for the'e.
289. oldal - Thus Satan, talking to his nearest mate, With head uplift above the wave, and eyes That sparkling blazed ; his other parts besides, Prone on the flood, extended long and large, Lay floating many a rood...
44. oldal - Choristers, old Vicars and new Vicars of any Cathedral or Collegiate Church, and all other their under officers...
104. oldal - This world is all a fleeting show For man's illusion given ; The smiles of joy, the tears of woe, Deceitful shine, deceitful flow, — There's nothing true but Heaven...
278. oldal - I began last week to permit my wife to sit at dinner with me, at the farthest end of a long table ; and to answer (but with the utmost brevity) the few questions I asked her. Yet, the smell of a yahoo continuing very offensive, I always keep my nose well stopped with rue, lavender, or tobacco leaves.
291. oldal - Da pacem, Domine, in diebus nostris : quia non est alius qui pugnet pro nobis, nisi tu, Deus noster.