Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
afterwards aged aisle altar ancient appears arches arms beautiful bishop building built called centre chapel Charles church columns commons consists contains continued cornice court covered crown died divisions door duke earl east Edward England erected feet figure finished five formed four front gallery garden George granted ground hall hand handsome head Henry hospital inscription James John king king's lands late length London lord majesty marble memory monument occupied original ornamented painted palace pannels parish parliament pedestal pediment persons pillars pointed present principal queen received reign remains repair represented residence rest royal says side situated south side square stands statue stone story street supported taken theatre Thomas tomb tower wall Westminster whole
521. oldal - Eighth, which was set forth with many extraordinary circumstances of pomp and majesty, even to the matting of the stage ; the Knights of the Order, with their Georges and Garter, the guards with their embroidered coats, and the like : sufficient in truth, within a while, to make greatness very familiar, if not ridiculous.
308. oldal - Dec. 11, 1756, immediately after leaving the King's Bench Prison by the benefit of the Act of Insolvency, in consequence of which he registered his kingdom of Corsica for the use of his creditors. The grave, great teacher, to a level brings Heroes and beggars, galley-slaves and kings. But Theodore this moral learn'd ere dead : Fate pour'd its lessons on his living head, Bestow'da kingdom, and denied him bread.
518. oldal - There is still another place, built in the form of a theatre, which serves for the baiting of bulls and bears; they are fastened behind, and then worried by great English bull-dogs, but not without great...
122. oldal - Life is a jest, and all things show it ; I thought so once ; but now I know it.
31. oldal - O Lord, with the Holy Ghost the Comforter, and daily increase in them Thy manifold gifts of grace ; the spirit of wisdom and understanding ; the spirit of counsel and ghostly strength ; the spirit of knowledge and true godliness ; and fill them, O Lord, with the spirit of Thy holy fear, now and for ever. Amen.
522. oldal - ... some of the paper, or other stuff wherewith one of them was stopped, did light on the thatch, where, being thought at first but an idle smoke, and their eyes more attentive to the show, it kindled inwardly, and ran round like a train, consuming, within less than an hour, the whole house to the very grounds. This was the fatal period of that virtuous fabric, wherein yet nothing did perish but wood and straw, and a few forsaken cloaks...
31. oldal - ZADOK the priest and Nathan the prophet anointed Solomon king; and all the people rejoiced and said: God save the king, Long live the king, May the king live for ever.
31. oldal - And will you preserve unto the bishops and clergy of this realm, and to the churches committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law, do or shall appertain unto them, or any of them ?" King or Queen.