Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according altitude angle Answer appear Aries ascension atmosphere axis azimuth beginning body brass meridian bring called Cape centre circle consequently constellation continue degrees describe diameter difference direction distance divided earth east eastward ecliptic edge Elevate equal equator Examples fall figure fixed force four given place globe westward greatest half happen hence horizon hour circle increase inhabitants island June Jupiter latitude length light London longitude magnitude March mark mean miles minutes month moon moon's morning motion move nearly night noon north pole o'clock observed orbit parallel passed past planet pole position PROBLEM quadrant rays represent revolves rise rise and set round Rule satellites seen shadow side signs situated star sun rises sun's declination sun's place supposed surface tides turn the globe Venus vertical zone
201. oldal - Problem 12 : ihen elevate the pole as many degrees above the horizon as are equal to the latitude of that place, and bring it to the brass meridian ; so will it then be the zenith or centre of the horizon.
2. oldal - The CELESTIAL GLOBE is an artificial representation of the heavens, on which the stars are laid down in their natural situations. The diurnal motion of this globe is from east to west, and represents the apparent diurnal motion of the sun, moon and stars. In using this globe, the student is supposed to be situated in the centre of it, and viewing the stars in the concave surface.
211. oldal - Or, find the latitude of the given place, and elevate the north or south pole, according as the latitude is north or south, so many degrees above the horizon as are equal to the latitude : find the sun's place in the ecliptic (by Prob.
282. oldal - ... above it; let this mark be considered as the pole of the world, let the equinoctial represent the ecliptic, and let the...
253. oldal - Definition 2. The harvest moon, in south latitude, is the full moon which happens at, or near, the time of the vernal equinox; for, to the inhabitants of south latitude, whenever the moon is in 15?
3. oldal - The equator, when referred to the heavens, is called the equinoctial, because, when the sun appears in it, the days and nights are equal all over the world, viz., 12 hours each.
99. oldal - The result, therefore, of this physical inquiry is, that we find no vestige of a beginning, — no prospect of an end.
169. oldal - Find the longitude of the given place on the equator, bring it to that part of the brass meridian which is numbered from the equator towards the poles ; and then, under the given latitude, on the brass meridian, you will find the place required.