Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
1st batt 1st battalion 2nd batt 2nd battalion Adjutant Appointed April army August barracks brigade of Guards Capt Captain cavalry Charles Cold Coldstream Guards Coldstream regiment Colonel colours command comp corps dated December detachment diem Ditto division Dragoons drummers Duke Earle of Craven Effective in January embark enemy England Ensign Finsbury division Foot Guards force French George Henry Holborn Holborn division Horse hundred inst instant James John July June King's Mews Left the regiment Lieut Lieut.-Col Lieutenant Lieutenant-Colonel London Lord Lt.-Col Majesty's Major Major-General ment muster non-commissioned officers November October Portsmouth Quarter-Master quarters rank and file regiment of Foot regts Resigned Retired Royal second battalion Sept serjeants soldiers staff officers stream to march stream to remove Thomas thousand three regiments Tower Tower of London troops warrant Wellington Whitehall William Windsor wounded
239. oldal - France, and Ireland, Defender of the Faith,] &c. To our right trusty and right...
369. oldal - SIR: I have the honor to acquaint you, for the information of...
216. oldal - Macdonell, and afterwards of Colonel Home ; and I am happy to add that it was maintained throughout the day with the utmost gallantry by these brave troops, notwithstanding the repeated efforts of large bodies of the enemy to obtain possession of it.
56. oldal - ought, therefore, when victory shall put in your power " either Englishmen or Hanoverians, to strike; not one of " them ought to return to the traitorous territory of Eng" land, or to he hrought into France.
233. oldal - Scotland, it hath been our desire and longing to have avoided blood in this business ; by reason that God hath a people here fearing His name, though deceived. And to that end have we offered much love unto such, in the bowels of Christ ; and concerning the truth of our hearts therein, have we appealed unto the Lord.
368. oldal - The 1st, or Grenadier Regiment of Foot Guards," in commemoration of their having defeated the Grenadiers of the French Imperial Guards upon this memorable occasion.
189. oldal - Notwithstanding its great extent, there was but one point where it was possible to enter, and there by single files. All the inside of the wall to the right of the curtain formed a perpendicular scarp of at least...
229. oldal - Things that are in trouble, in point of provision for your Army, and of ordinary direction, I have, as I could, often presented to the Council of State, together with such occurrences as have happened ; — who, I am sure, as they have not been wanting in their extraordinary care and provision for us, so neither in what they judge fit and necessary to represent the same to you.
229. oldal - It hath now pleased God to bestow a mercy upon you, worthy your knowledge, and of the utmost praise and thanks of all that fear and love His name; yea, the mercy is far above all praise, which that you may the better perceive, I shall take the boldness to tender unto you some circumstances accompanying this great business, which will manifest the greatness and seasonableness of this mercy. We having tried what we could to engage the enemy, three...