Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Aggregate American amount Applause April average bags bales barrels Bill Brazil bullion buyers cents Chairman Chamber of Commerce Charles cheese City of New-York close coal colored Commission compared consumption Corporation cotton creamery crop Cuba debt December demand domestic duty Edward Simmons Election elsewhere specified exports Exports—Articles February Filipinos foreign gallons galls gentlemen George George F George Wilson grades Henry hundred important increase interest Iron Isidor Straus Islands James James G January Japan Jesup John July June leather Legislature manufactures March meeting merchandise mills molasses month Naphtha November October Philippine Philippine Islands piers pig iron Port of New-York pounds present President production railroad Rapid Transit receipts refined resolutions season shipments Steel sugar supply Taxation tion tonnage tons Total value trade United vessel William William H wines yield
57. oldal - Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet, Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat; But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth, When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!
200. oldal - Newfoundland; and a duty of six cents per ton, not to exceed thirty cents per ton per annum, is hereby imposed at each entry upon all vessels which shall be entered in the United States from any other foreign ports, not, however, to include vessels in distress or not engaged in trade.
154. oldal - And we do further, of our special grace, certain knowledge, and mere motion, for us, our heirs and successors, grant and...
153. oldal - ... manner and form, and upon such terms and conditions, cnoo!ei as shall be directed, ordained and established for that purpose by any of the said by-laws, statutes, constitutions or ordinances of the said Corporation...
201. oldal - Hook, shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor, and, on conviction, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding one hundred dollars or imprisonment not exceeding sixty days; and all persons employing a person to act as pilot not holding a license under this act, or under the laws of the State of New Jersey, shall forfeit and pay to the board of commissioners of pilots the sum of one hundred dollars.
101. oldal - ... provide for the collection of a direct annual tax sufficient to pay the interest on such debt as it falls due, and also to pay and discharge the principal thereof within twenty years from the time of contracting the same.
16. oldal - The world is young: the former , great men call to us affectionately. We too must write Bibles, to unite again the heavens and the earthly world. The secret of genius is to suffer no fiction to exist for us; to realize all that we know; in the high refinement of modern life, in arts, in sciences, in books, in men, to exact good faith, reality and a purpose; and first, last, midst and without end, to honor every truth by use.
154. oldal - Know ye, therefore, that We, of our especial grace, certain knowledge, and mere motion do by these presents, for us, our heirs and successors, give and grant unto the said...
199. oldal - ... one-half the first above rates; and from every vessel or floating structure, other than those above named, or used for transportation of freight or passengers, double the first above rates, except that floating grain elevators shall pay one-half the first above rates ; and every vessel that shall leave a pier, wharf, bulkhead, slip or basin, without first paying the wharfage or dockage due thereon, after being demanded of the owner, consignee, or person in charge of the vessel, shall be liable...