Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
50 sovs 9 st agst animal appeared beat Betting Brown's Capt Captain Club Colonel colts Deciding Course Derby ditto dogs Duke Duke of Portland's Duke of Wellington Earl Epirus Eringo favourite fillies fish five years old flies four years old fox-hunting Galaor Geddes's gentleman Glaucus Goodlake's Graham's bk guineas half-bred heats horses hounds hour hunting Lady Langar Leicestershire Lord Douglas's Lord Eglinton's Lord Exeter's mares Marshal Soult master Match Maxwell's bk meeting Melton miles Moloch morning never Newmarket once round owner Park Plate Priam Quorn race ran a bye river Royal season shew Sir W. A. Maxwell's six and aged six years old Slater's sovs sport sportsman subscribers Sultan Sweepstakes three years old Tiet Tomboy turf Velocipede winner won the Cup won the Stakes young
403. oldal - Let me play the fool : With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come, And let my liver rather heat with wine Than my heart cool with mortifying groans. Why should a man, whose blood is warm within, Sit like his grandsire cut in alabaster?
443. oldal - Be it a weakness, it deserves some praise, We love the play-place of our early days. The scene is touching, and the heart is stone That feels not at that sight, and feels at none.
442. oldal - The practice of boxing has often been a subject of discussion in this country. I must say that it seems to me a practice that may very advantageously be encouraged to a limited extent. It is in some sort a law of peace, for it discourages the use of unfair means of attack : it prevents malicious retaliation ; it only enables men to employ...
441. oldal - The best actors in the world, either for tragedy, comedy, history, pastoral, pastoral-comical, historicalpastoral, tragical-historical, tragical-comical-historicalpastoral, scene individable, or poem unlimited : Seneca cannot be too heavy, nor Plautus too light.
340. oldal - English nation, and pathetic'. such as no man needs be ashamed of viewing with interest, pride and delight: and we may safely predict, that if the magistrates, through a mistaken notion of preserving the public peace, succeed in suppressing them, there will be an end of that sense of honour and spirit of gallantry, which distinguishes the common people of this country from that of all others...
468. oldal - Gold Cup, added to a Handicap Sweepstakes of 20 sovs. each, 10 ft., and 5 only if declared...
367. oldal - If not taken out foi six months, they are perfectly steady, which is a quality rarely to be met with. Every sportsman must know, that the fewer dogs he can do his work with properly, the better; for if they are in condition, they cannot be too frequently hunted ; and their tempers, style of working, &c., become more familiar to him. On this the whole comfort of shooting depends. Upon these grounds I contend that, for all kinds of shooting therefore there is nothing equal to the Russian, or half-bred...
358. oldal - Let not the people, therefore, listen to those who are the constant enemies of all public joys ; let them be assured that the object of the peaceful festival is to give to all ranks and orders a grateful occasion to indulge in that full...