The Bible Class Text Book; Or Biblical Catechism,: Containing Questions Historical, Doctrinal, Practical, and Experimental. : Designed to Promote an Intimate Acquaintance with the Inspired Volume
Cummings & Hilliard, 1823 - 132 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according Acts angels answer behold believe Blessed blood body bread bring called cast commandments dead death desire Deut doctrine earth eternal everlasting evil eyes faith Father fear fire flesh gave give given glory Gospel grace hand hath hear heard heart heaven holy Holy Ghost honour hope iniquity Israel John judgment keep king kingdom knowledge land light live Luke Mark mind minister mouth never Note peace praise pray prayer promises prophets Prov receive riches righteousness saith the Lord salvation say unto Scriptures seek servants serve sins soul speak Spirit stand surely thee thine things thou hast thou shalt thoughts throne truth turn unto voice walk whosoever wicked wisdom wise wrath written young
39. oldal - Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is : For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green ; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
95. oldal - Go to now, ye that say, To-day or to-morrow we will go into such a city and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain : whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life ? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
109. oldal - Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
56. oldal - And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.
118. oldal - But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness ; and the end everlasting life.
109. oldal - Therefore let us not sleep, as do others ; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep, sleep in the night; and they that be drunken, are drunken in the night. But let us who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breast-plate of faith and love ; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
65. oldal - And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
116. oldal - For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
49. oldal - But what saith it ? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart ; that is, the word of faith which we preach ; that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
7. oldal - Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me; thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off; thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways ; for there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether...