Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adhuc aforesaid Anglorum anno antistes apostles apud atque Augustine autem bishop bishop of Arles Britain Britannia Britons ccelestis ccepit Ceadda Cedd CHAP Christ church cujus decimo Divine Domini Dominicae Eadbald Easter ecclesiae ejus ejusdem English enim eorum episcopus erant erat ergo esset Ethelberga etiam faith fidei fidem gente gentis gratia Gregory haec heavenly holy Honorius idem illi illius illo insula inter ipsa ipse ipsius juxta king king of Kent kingdom loco Lord misit monastery multo nation neque omnes omni omnibus Oswius Oswy Pascha Paulinus Pelagian Penda Picts Pope preaching priest province provincia quae quam quia quibus quid quidem quod quoque received rege regem regis regni reign sancti Saxons Scotis Scotorum Scots sibi sicut sive suae sunt tamen tempore Trumhere tunc usque vero Verum vestra videlicet vitae vobis whilst Wulfhere
165. oldal - When the ear heard me, then it blessed me; And when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me: Because I delivered the poor that cried, And the fatherless, and him that had none to help him. 189 The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: And I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
201. oldal - But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
391. oldal - I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles...
391. oldal - And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people ; to it shall the Gentiles seek : and his rest shall be glorious.
125. oldal - Not that which goeth into the mouth, defileth a man : but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
391. oldal - It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob, And to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, That thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
117. oldal - When thou comest into the standing corn of thy neighbour, then thou mayest pluck the ears with thine hand ; but thou shalt not move a sickle unto thy neighbour's standing corn.
71. oldal - IN the year of our Lord's Incarnation 449, Martian being made emperor with Valentinian, and the forty-sixth from Augustus, ruled the empire seven years. Then the nation of the Angles, or Saxons, being invited by the aforesaid king, arrived in Britain, with three long ships, and had a place assigned them to reside in, by the same king, in the eastern part of the island, that they might thus appear to be fighting for the country, whilst their real intentions were to enslave it.
142. oldal - ... quia si fana eadem bene constructa sunt, necesse est ut a cultu daemonum in obsequio veri Dei debeant commutari ; ut dum gens ipsa eadem fana sua non videt destrui, de corde errorem deponat, et Deum verum cognoscens ac adorans, ad loca quae consuevit, familiarius concurrat.