Horæ homileticæ, or Discourses, in the form of skeletons upon the whole Scriptures. [With] Appendix. (With indexes, prepared by T. H Horne). To which is annexed an improved ed. of a transl. of [J] Claude's Essay on the composition of a sermon, 14. kötet;29. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
acceptance accomplishment Acts answer Apostles appear behold believe blessed blood body bring called character Christian Church commandments conduct consider death desire Disciples Divine doctrine doubt duty earth effect enemies eternal evidence expect express faith Father fear followers fruit give given glorified glory God's Gospel grace hand happiness heart heaven Hence Holy honour hope hour importance Isai Jesus Christ Jews John judge kingdom light live look Lord Jesus Lord's manifest manner Matt means mind nature never occasion offered ourselves perfect person Peter possess prayer present promises reason receive regard religion respecting righteousness salvation saved Saviour Scriptures seek shew sins soul speak Spirit sufferings testimony things thou thought true truth unto viii whole wrought
207. oldal - Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen ; and ye receive not our witness. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
373. oldal - Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
590. oldal - And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves ; No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suflereth not to live. And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm ; howbeit, they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly.
353. oldal - when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood...
368. oldal - Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, "Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
266. oldal - And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils : freely ye have received, freely give.
1. oldal - So after He had washed their feet, and had taken His garments, and was set down again, He said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you ? Ye call Me, Master, and Lord ; and ye say well, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet ; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
217. oldal - To him give all the prophets witness, that through his Name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
193. oldal - The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
247. oldal - I have commanded you, and lo ! I am with you alway, even to the end of the world.