Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affirm amongst Apostles Archbishop Argument Authority believe Bishop of Meaux Bishop of Rome Blesled Body and Blood Body of Christians Bread Catholick Church Christian Church Church of Rome Commandment Communion Confession contrary Controversies Council Council at Jerusalem Council of Constance Council of Trent Diffusive Body Divine Worship Doctrine doth Eternal faid Faith fame fays fense give Gospel Grace guilty hall hath Heathens Heaven Hereticks Holy Ghost Holy Scripture Honour Idolatry Images Infallible Judge Jesus Christ Kinds Lord Matter meaning ment N. C. answers never Papists Persons Peter plain plainly Pope Pope Pius IV Popish Practice pray pretends Primitive Church Protestants prov'd prove pture Purgatory Reason receive Religion Roman Church Romish Church Sacrament Saints and Angels Salvation says Secondly Sense Sermons Sins Spirit stles Substance suppose Supremacy Texts of Scripture thee ther thing tion tis evident Truth unknown Tongue unto Virgin Words World
90. oldal - Wherefore, whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
186. oldal - Neither be ye idolaters, as were fome of them : as it is written, The people fat down to eat and drink, and rofe up to play.
200. oldal - Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss : but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
200. oldal - According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise master-builder I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay, than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
96. oldal - For I have received of the Lord that which alfo I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jefus, the fame night in which he was betrayed, took bread : and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and faid, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
224. oldal - Lord, we beseech Thee to keep Thy Church and household continually in Thy true religion ; that they who do lean only upon the hope of Thy heavenly grace may evermore be defended by Thy mighty power; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
64. oldal - Now tho' he set never so bold a face upon the matter and tell me with all the gravity and authority in the world, that it is not the sea but dry land under the species and appearance of water, and that whatever my eyes tell me, having once committed...
95. oldal - took bread, and blefled it, and brake it, and gave it to the dif" ciples, and faid, Take, eat ; this is my body. And he took the " cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, faying, Drink ye " all of it> : for this is my blood of the new teftament, which is " fhed for many for the remiffion of fins.
201. oldal - Especially as very learned persons of the church of Rome do acknowledge that purgatory cannot be concluded from this text, nay all that Estius contends for from this place is, that it cannot be concluded from hence that there is no purgatory; which we never pretended, but only that this text doth not prove it. It is very well known that this is a proverbial phrase used not only in scripture, but in profane authors to signify a narrow escape out of a great danger.