Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able action advance believe better boys bring called cars cause cents citizens comes corporations duty Editor Magazine effect employer employes engine equal exist fact favor force give hand held hope human idea improve increase industrial injury interest justice keep Knights labor less liberty live look Magazine matter means mechanic meet ment methods mind month move natural necessary negligence never organization party past person political position possible practical present principles question railroad reason received road rule seek seems seen side social stand strike things thought tion train true Union United wages wealth week workingmen
149. oldal - dupes, fears may be liars. It may be, in yon smoke concealed, Your comrades chase e'en now the flyers, And, but for you, possess the field. For while the tired waves, vainly breaking. Seem here no painful inch to gain, Far back, through creeks and inlets
120. oldal - They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins, They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God, , Not one is dissatisfied, not one is demented with the mania of owning things. Not one kneels to another, nor to one of his kind that lived thousands of years ago, Not one is respectable or unhappy
64. oldal - The cottage was a thatched one, The outside old and mean ; Yet everything within that cot Was wondrous, neat and clean. The night was dark and stormy, The wind was howling wild; A patient mother knelt beside The death-bed of her child. A little worn-out creature His once bright eyes grown dim ; He was a
269. oldal - hallow this ground. The brave men, living or dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it far above our power to add or detract The world
142. oldal - for they cannot be better taught than fed; selfish, for all their thoughts are required for themselves; without interest or sentiments as citizens and members of society, and with a sense of injustice rankling in their minds, equally for what they have not and for what others have—I know not what there is
64. oldal - only child They called him little Jim. And oh 1 to see the briny tears Fast hurrying down her cheek. As she offered up a prayer in thought She was afraid to speak. Lest she might waken one she loved Far better than her life ; For there was all a mother's love In that poor
145. oldal - no armed Police force or Detective agency or armed body or unarmed body of men shall ever be brought into this State for the suppression of domestic violence except upon the application of the Legislature or executive when the Legislature can not be convened.
142. oldal - till late at night for bare necessaries, and with all the intellectual and moral deficiencies which that implies—without resources either in mind or feeling—untaught, for they cannot be better taught than fed; selfish, for all their thoughts are required for themselves; without