Plain discourses delivered to a country congregation, 3. kötet
J. Hatchard, 1816
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
acceptance according acquaint Almighty Apostle believe blessing blood body born brethren bring brought cause charity Christian church comfort consequence consider continue darkness dead death devil disciples divine doctrine duty effect enemies eternal evident evil express eyes faith fall Father flesh fruit give glory God's Gospel grace hand happy hath head hear heart heaven holy Holy Spirit hope human infinite judge judgment kind kingdom knowledge known light live look Lord Lord Jesus Christ manifest means mind nature never obedience observed Paul peace perfect perish person pleasure reason receive render repentance revealed reward righteousness saith salvation saved Scripture seen sinners sins soul speak Spirit stand suffered sure things thou thought tion true trust truth understand unto walk whole wicked word yourselves
247. oldal - But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour ; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
219. oldal - For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve, saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee.
190. oldal - Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my -works.
92. oldal - Ye men of Israel, hear these words ; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, (which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know...
190. oldal - If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled ; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body ; what doth it profit ? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
171. oldal - Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance. In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.
188. oldal - Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house: and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that...
vi. oldal - And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.
165. oldal - Praise the Lord from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps: Fire and hail; snow and vapours: stormy wind fulfilling his word: Mountains and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars: Beasts, and all cattle; creeping things, and flying fowl...
135. oldal - Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.