Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able Africa already America animals appear beautiful become believe better blue body called cause character color common Congress darkness difference distinguished earth equal Europe European existence eyes fact forever four give given greater hand head Heaven History honor human hundred important Indians inhabitants instance interests Israel Italy Joshua king known land least less light live look Lord mankind manner matter means ment mind names nature negro never North object observed once passed period persons political possession possible present President progress pure races reason reference regard Republic republican respect says seems seen side slave slavery soon South Southern speak species stars things thou thousand tion true truth United universal unto Volume whole writer
158. oldal - WHEN Freedom from her mountain height Unfurled her standard to the air, She tore the azure robe of night. And set the stars of glory there. She mingled with its gorgeous dyes The milky baldric of the skies, And striped its pure celestial white With streakings of the morning light; Then from his mansion in the sun She called her eagle bearer down, And gave into his mighty hand The symbol of her chosen land.
159. oldal - O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave? On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep, Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes, What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep, As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
240. oldal - Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea ; his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red Sea.
109. oldal - And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves : and he was transfigured before them. And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.
111. oldal - And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
244. oldal - Slack not thy hand from thy servants; come up to us quickly, and save us, and help us : for all the kings of the Amorites that dwell in the mountains are gathered together against us.
239. oldal - And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.
110. oldal - And immediately I was in the spirit : and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone : and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.