Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Acting Majors Admiral Agnes Seymour amidst appeared appointments average length battalion Bay of Bengal Bellary bheestie Bradford Brevet British army Brock Hall Burmese Captains cause cheroot circumstances Coldstream Guards Colonel Bronze command commissions corps course cousin Crimea disease doubt duties effect enemy enjoy fair favour feeling felt field Foot full Colonel full-pay service gallant give Grenadier Guards Guards Guardsman hitherto honour hope India Jones kind Lady Larkins lately length of service Lieut.-Colonels Lieutenant Lieutenant-Colonels likewise Line Lord Panmure Lord Seymour Madras matter Memorial ment military system monsoon morning native never obtained officers passed perhaps period poor position present privileges promotion purchase Quarterly Army List Rangoon rank reason regiment replied requisite respect Royal Sandhurst Sebastopol Senior Department sick soon spirit Staff stand-up fight stockade Subalterns sufferings tion troops usual vessels Vide whence whilst Willoughby young
212. oldal - ... bowers to lay me down; To husband out life's taper at the close, And keep the flame from wasting by repose; I still had hopes — for pride attends us still — Amidst the swains to show my...
227. oldal - She'd come again, and with a greedy ear Devour up my discourse: which I observing, Took once a pliant hour, and found good means To draw from her a prayer of earnest heart That I would all my pilgrimage dilate, Whereof by parcels she had something heard, But not intentively.
95. oldal - In peace there's nothing- so becomes a man As modest stillness and humility: But when the blast of war blows in our ears. Then imitate the action of the tiger; Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood...
312. oldal - Things base and vile, holding no quantity, Love can transpose to form and dignity. Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind ; And therefore is wing'd Cupid painted blind...
297. oldal - Royal Approbation of the distinguished gallantry of the Brigade of Foot Guards in the Victory of Waterloo, has been pleased, in the name and on the behalf of His Majesty, to approve of all the Ensigns of the Three Regiments of Foot Guards having the Rank of Lieutenants...
142. oldal - Some flow'rets of Eden ye still inherit, But the trail of the Serpent is over them all!
81. oldal - And opened on a narrow green, Where weeping birch and willow round With their long fibres swept the ground ; Here, for retreat in dangerous hour, Some chief had framed a rustic bower.
346. oldal - The languages, especially the dead; The sciences, and most of all the abstruse; The arts, at least all such as could be said To be the most remote from common use...
217. oldal - I ran it through, even from my boyish days To the very moment that he bade me tell it : Wherein I spake of most disastrous chances, Of moving accidents by flood and field ; Of hairbreadth scapes i...