Memoirs of Mrs. ... Newell: American Missionary to India ... [derived Chiefly from Her Own Writings] with an Appendix, Containing a Sermon on the Occasion of Her Death, an Account of the American Missions, and Particulars Respecting Mr. Newell and His Companions in India
W. Falconer, printer, 1823 - 224 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Memoirs of Mrs. ... Newell: American Missionary to India ... [Derived ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
affection affectionate afflictions America appear attended become beloved blessed brother Calcutta called cause character Christ Christian church comfort companions consolation conversation darkness dear mother death delightful desire devoted divine dying earth earthly engaged enjoy enter eternal expect farewell favoured feel friends give glory gospel grace hand happy Harriet Haverhill hear heart heathen heaven holy hope hour important India interest Jesus July June land leave letter light live Lord March meet mind Miss mission missionary morning native nature never Newell night object painful past peace pleasure pray prayer preached prepared present Providence reading received Redeemer religion rest returned Sabbath salvation scenes separation short sincerely sister soon soul spent Spirit suffer tell things thought tion trials vessel week wish write
199. oldal - What mean ye to weep, and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.
100. oldal - O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave : thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
52. oldal - I will bear the indignation of the Lord, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me : he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.
161. oldal - Bless the Lord, O our souls, and all that is within us bless his holy name.
93. oldal - Dear Saviour, let thy beauties be My soul's eternal food ; And grace command my heart away From all created good.
80. oldal - So shall my walk be close with God, Calm and serene my frame; So purer light shall mark the road That leads me to the Lamb.
43. oldal - Restraining prayer, we cease to fight ; Prayer makes the Christian's armour bright ; And Satan trembles when he sees The weakest saint upon his knees.
203. oldal - But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.
202. oldal - But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ...