Infernal Conference ; Or Dialogues of Devils: On the Many Vices which Abound in the Civil and Religious World, to which is Added, a Looking-galss for the Professors of Religion ; ...together with Discourses on the Book of Ruth. Likewise Socinianism Brought to the Test;...also the Arians' and Socianians' Monitor
Thomas Kelly, 1816 - 676 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according appear attend authority become believe better blessed body bring brought called cause Christ Christian church comfort concerning conduct consider death devil Dissenters divine doctrine earth eternal expect eyes faith Father fear follow gentlemen give given glory gospel grace hand hath head hear heart heaven hell holy honour hope INFID Israel Jesus Jesus Christ learned leave less live Lord manner matter means meet mind ministers nature never observed opinion Orthodox parents person pleasure poor pray preaching present proper prophet Rational reason receive religion respect rest Ruth salvation Scriptures sense servant shew soon soul speak spirit stand suppose sure tell thee things thou thought true truth turn unto whilst whole worship
289. oldal - Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: and rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
583. oldal - I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, GOD shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book : and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, GOD shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
404. oldal - For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains : and the wild beasts of the field are mine.
169. oldal - Samuel, and of the prophets : who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
161. oldal - God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise, and the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty...
418. oldal - According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David. 18 Then went king David in, and sat before the Lord, and he said, Who am I, O Lord God? and what is my house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?
419. oldal - I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphim : each one had six wings ; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said: — " Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts : the whole earth is full of His glory.
316. oldal - Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
568. oldal - Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
267. oldal - Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God ? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old ? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil ? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul...