Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action advantage allowed amongst answer appear authority become better called cause CHAPTER Christian civil command common concerning condition conduct consequence consideration considered consistent constitution continue contract crime danger depend direct distinction doubt duty effect engaged equal established example existence expected express fortune give given greater habits hand happiness human importance instance institution intention interest justice kind labour land less liberty lives mankind manner marriage means ment mind moral motive nature necessary never oath object obligation observed occasions parents particular parties person pleasure possession prayer present principle produce promise punishment question reason received relation religion require respect rest rule seems sense success suffer sufficient suppose thing thought tion truth unto virtue whole
285. oldal - See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.
292. oldal - For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things, " that ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication, from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well.
181. oldal - And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church : but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
180. oldal - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath : for it is written, Vengeance is mine ; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore, if thine enemy hunger, feed him ; if he thirst, give him drink : for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
268. oldal - I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
290. oldal - Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work : but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God : in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates : that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.
54. oldal - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God ? Be not deceived : neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
328. oldal - For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power ? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same : for he is the minister of God- to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid ; for he beareth not the sword in vain : for he is the minister o of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
289. oldal - Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them.